Friday, March 20, 2009

Embed VisualForce Page on Home Page

Scenario:
Create a Google Graph via VF and then embed it to the
Home Page. So when an user logs in they see the graph of there sales information Year over year.

Task at hand:
For this blog, I will walk through the steps of placing in any
component onto the Home Page.

Lets Get Started:
Go to Setup | Customize | Home | Home Page Components


Click New
Choose HTML Area and
Input the Name for your component.
Click Next

Here Choose either Wide (right) Column or Narrow (Left) Column.
Wide means some where on the Home page in the middle.

Narrow means somewhere on the Menu Column on the
Left where the search bar is.
Select show HTML on the right upper hand side and place in the following:
<iframe
src="/apex/yourpagename?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1"
width="100%" frameborder="0" height="100">
</iframe>

Then Click save.

Now go into Setup | Customize | Home |
Home Page Layouts |
Click Edit next to
the Layout you would like to conifgure
Select the component from there
Click Next and order it where you want it to show.
Click Save.
Now go to your Home Page and it should be there.
As you can see I have a Graph and Summary Side Bar as well.
Both are VisualForce Pages.

I hope this helped...

Great Materials:
Thanks
Check out my Other Salesforce.com Blogs
Salesforce Made Easy

Salesforce Data Migration Made Easy
eTechCareers.com Coming Soon
    
    

    1 comment:

    1. I told a customer "Sure, we can stick a Visualforce page on the Home Page. No problem!" I went off and developed my neat little VF page and got ready to place it on the Home Page and..."uh oh." I'm glad I found your post here because, as simple as the solution is, I would have never thought to use an IFRAME. Thanks for the tip, it worked like a charm!

      ReplyDelete